Friday, April 27, 2007

GEORGE TENET SAYS REASON FOR WAR WAS A CHARADE

Former CIA director, George Tenet, has lashed out against Vice President Dick Cheney in a new book, accusing him of egging him on into making the case that Iraq had WMD. “We were playing charades one night, and he jumped up and made the gesture of swooshing a basketball into a net. Well, with four Scotches into me, I yelled, ‘It’s a slam dunk!’ Then the next day, I found out that Bush had signed off to go to war, and ever since, they’ve pinned it on me. If I had said it was a free throw or a bank shot, we wouldn't be in this mess. When I realized later it was all a charade and that Cheney didn’t really want to play with me that night, it hurt. I only accepted that Medal of Honor so I could sell it on eBay.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home